Industrial Hygiene Technician
Testing Engineers & Consultants, Inc. (TEC) is seeking a qualified candidate for an entry level position in the field of industrial hygiene (occupational safety and health). This position will allow the individual to obtain on the job experience in a wide variety of IH settings, from the standpoint of the environmental consultant. Primary activities will include air monitoring and project oversight during asbestos abatement activities, report writing, and client consultation. No practical field experience is necessary, TEC will train. For the qualified candidate, TEC will provide at no charge NIOSH 582 Training (Air sampling and asbestos fiber counting)
DutiesAir monitoring and project oversight during asbestos abatement activities, report writing, and client consultation.
- Must be enrolled in a B.S. program of study in a field such as Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science. A Bachelor’s degree in an occupational safety and health curriculum is preferred.
- Must have ability to work varying work shifts including nights and weekends.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have good technical writing skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug, background, and reference screen.