Construction Services Field Technician
Entry and veteran level position(s) as a construction services field technician sampling and testing asphalt, concrete and soils. The majority of the work is performed outdoors, and the technician will be working independently. Projects include private sector (commercial, healthcare, industrial, residential) and public sector (roadwork, parking lots/structures, sidewalks and curb, etc.) projects.
DutiesResponsibilities include HMA (hot mix asphalt) sampling, concrete reinforcing steel inspections, freshly placed concrete sampling (slump, air content, cylinder molds), soil sampling and density evaluations. Deep foundation (piles, drilled caissons) observations are also performed. Lastly, daily reports are required of the technicians - these reports are handwritten on standard printed forms. Any required training will be provided by TEC. This is a great opportunity to see a wide variety of high-profile Metro Detroit projects throughout all stages of the construction.
- Must be health and safety conscious
- Must be willing and able to take direction
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle and valid driver license
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass drug / background / reference checks
- Must be flexible with daily work assignments
- Must be willing to work occasional night and/or weekend shift
- Must be able to work cooperatively with clients
- Must be able to lift sixty (60) pounds of equipment