We are seeking a qualified engineer for a full-time position in geotechnical engineering services at our Troy, Michigan location. The qualified candidate will be a self-starter yet thrive in a fast-paced team atmosphere. They will preferably have paving, utilities and structure experience and display a creative application to project challenges. They will have a sound understanding of local, state, and federal guidelines as well as hands-on experience with ASTM, MDOT, and AASHTO standards and procedures.
Responsibilities include site investigation, data collection, analysis, and the ability to provide sound engineering recommendations. Office work includes project coordination, data management, proposal preparation, client consultation and report writing. We have openings for entry level and experienced engineers. Responsibilities and salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including field exploration, engineering analysis, report preparation and laboratory services
- Provide project level development of proposals and reports to the satisfaction of the client and TEC
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Field and laboratory testing
- Data collection and interpretation
- Project coordination and management
- Ability and willingness to oversee junior engineers and technicians in the field
- Oversight on geotechnical project during design and construction
- Maximizing profitability by ensuring appropriate budgeting/pricing and utilization of resources and cost controls
- Be a public relations ambassador by communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company to potential clients
- Communicate and present potential new business or resource information, competitive situations, or technology/regulatory factors to Due Diligence leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- Prefer a candidate that has successfully completed the FE exam with plans to obtain a PE license
- Positions available for 1 to ten years of experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience with paving and structure projects preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours/shifts on occasion to support project/client needs
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Possess keen computer skills to include spreadsheet development and report generation